BIM with Revit for Architects
Revit Architecture, a building design software, finds its application in every phase of an architect’s project – from concept to visualization. With Revit, it is easy to generate floor plans, elevations, sections, schedules, and 3D views, and generate photorealistic renderings. Revit is a Building Information Modeling (BIM) tool. It helps architects optimize building performance early in the design process, run cost estimates, and monitor performance changes over the project’s and building’s lifetime.
The course introduces the students to the concept of BIM, a methodology, and BIM features of Revit. It covers design tasks such as placing intelligent elements like walls, doors, and windows; building analysis for optimizing building performance; documentation with cut-aways and 3D views, and scheduling with the software.
Role in the Industry
- In the creation of models of real-world structures and buildings following BIM philosophy
- For analysing behaviour of real-world characteristics of objects by simulation
- In conceptualizing and understanding the building projects.
- To simulate real-world construction elements using libraries, called families.
- For designing and documenting structures with greater accuracy.
- Creating Levels and Grids
- Walls Modeling
- Object Modification
- Doors and Windows
- Floors and Roofs
- Curtain, Stairs and Ramps
- Dimensions and Constraints
- Annotation and Documentation
Who should be aiming for the course?
Students and professionals of architecture, civil engineers and interior designers, and visualizers in architecture, civil and related streams.
Celebrating 30 years of Excellence
CADD Centre is committed to transforming education and life. Take a look at our 30 years journey.
A quick take on how Master Diploma courses will accelerate your engineering career.