What’s the course about
Network security is concerned with granting access to a network to the authorized users, and denying access to a network by the unauthorized users.
It encompasses the actions to prevent attacks from viruses, worms, and Trojan horses; spyware and adware; zero-day/zero-hour attacks; hacker attacks; denial of service attacks; data interception and theft, and identity theft. A network security consists of many hardware and software components.
What Will I Learn?
- Fundamentals of Network Security & types of Security Threats
- Securing Management Plane – AAA using ACS Server, RBAC
- Firewall Technologies – Zone based firewall
- Adaptive Security Appliance(ASA)
- IPsec Site-to-site VPN and Remote Access VPN ‒ Clientless and AnyConnect VPN
- Layer 2 attacks – Port Security, VLAN Security and Mitigation Procedures
- Intrusion Prevention System Deployment
- Email-based and Web based threats